Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome to Our Blog!




Baby Kathryn 1 week old
I decided to create a blog to record all of the memories we have had (and will have) with our growing family! I have already forgotten so many things about my pregnancy and our first years of marriage- so hopefully this blog will capture our lives as we grow and change!



Joel and I were married July 30th, 2005- and have been married for 4 years. We recently welcomed our first child into the world! Kathryn Alice Tarpley was born June 26th at 9:03pm.

Welcome to the World: Kathryn Alice Tarpley
She was 2 weeks early (I had preeclampsia and hypertension)- and she was itty bitty! She weighed 5lbs 14.5oz and was 19 inches long. We named her after both of our grandmothers. Joel's grandmother (on the Pawley side) was named Catherine, and my grandmother was Mildred (my middle name!) Alice. We like to think that part of each of them lives on through her.




Kathryn is now 12 weeks and 4 days old. She looks so much like her daddy! She has a tiny bit of brown hair and big blue eyes..... Her eyes came from Papa Bear (mine are green and Joel's are brown)!

Proud Daddy! Kat has him wrapped around her finger!

She has suffered from colic for the first 12 weeks and has cried non-stop. It is slowly starting to get better (THANK GOD), but we are not out of the woods yet!! She is really starting to show her personality! She is now smiling, starting to mimic our noises, and she LOVES the water! She is happiest in the tub (we have spent A LOT of time there lately)! Her least favorite time of the day is bedtime. We usually start bathtime around 8:30- then she gets her last meal before bed- however, she usually doesn't fall asleep before 12:00am. Although she does not go to sleep easily- she has been sleeping through the night like a champ (about 7-8 hours). She starting sleeping through the night at about 8 weeks- it is getting there that is still our biggest challenge.

The first 3 weeks of her life, she slept in the bed with Joel and I in her "snuggle nest". She has had reflux, and I didn't want her to be too far away at night! After 3 weeks, she graduated to her bassinet (which was next to our bed). It was a step towards her nursery! When she was 6 weeks old- Joel and I made the decision that it was time for her to enjoy her own room! I didn't sleep a wink that first night she stayed in her nursery.... but now, I don't miss a wink!

The most recent change is that she is cutting 2 teeth! She has 2 little bubbles0 and even uncle Jack confirmed that those toofies are comming in! At 12 weeks old.....We can hardly believe it!!! She has been drooling a ton and can't keep her fingers out of her mouth! She is cutting her lateral incisors- which is even more rare!




Before I finish this first post, I cannot forget to mention our four-legged children! Maddie and Dooley are slowly adjusting to Kathryn. They both greeted us at the door when Kathryn came home for the first time. There was a little pouting (mostly on Maddie's part) the first few days she was home. Now, Maddie gets up every time she cries at night, and escorts me into the nursery to check on her. I think she is going to be Kathryn's protecter... but why would I expect anything less? She has been mine for 9 years! Dooley is a little oblivous to our new family member (suprise, suprise)! As long as she has a bone to chew on... life it good!


Our lives have been turned upside down since baby Kathryn arrived. We sleep A LOT less, go out less, and often feel at our whits end.... but we truely can't imagine our life without her. I hope you enjoy watching our family grow through our blog!



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Baby Kathryn

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers