Saturday, January 16, 2010

6 Months and Growing....










Kathryn turned 6 Months on December 26th! How did that happen? She is getting SO big! Yea for size 2 diapers! She is almost totally out of her 3 month cloths, and I have broke out the 6 month stuff! She can't quite get into the 6 month Gymboree stuff- but the 6 month Carters fits perfect! She is now eating more and more solid foods. Her most favorite is sweet potatoes (she takes after her daddy!). She also really like rice (the fruit flavored kind), and her least favorite food is bananas! Apple juice really makes her get excited, but it is only a special treat (when she needs to poo poo)!

New Developments: Kathryn has really begun to explore her vocals this month. She loves to make this high pitch scream.... and then she will giggle at herself.

I think she is starting to realize that it gets a reaction out of us! She has also figured out how to make the "motor boat" noise with her lips. The day she figured it out.... she did it non-stop! She LOVES her exersaucer and jumper. She has also finally gotten big enough to try her little walker. She can scoot herself backwards... but has not yet discovered how to go forward!


She also really likes her Baby Einstein DVDs (Mommy also like these b/c I can get a little work done when they are on)! She has finally found her feet.... and will not let them go! She sucks on her toes (and actually prefers them over her pacifier!). When her feet are stuck in footy pj's she resorts to her thumb..... this could be a challenge to break this habit in the future!

She has really started to notice her cousins. She LOVES Caroline... she always giggles when she comes around. William is now walking, and he has taken an interest in Kathryn. I think that they are going to get into trouble together (when Kathryn starts to walk)!





Kathryn's Schedule: Kathryn's is finally starting to get a more consistant schedule. She usually wakes up around 8:30am and has a bottle. She has 4 naps a day for about 45min each (she is NOT a good napper!) at 10:30, 1:00, 3:30, and 5:30. She eats her bottles around 8:30, 11:00, 2:30, and 4:30; and her solids around 11:30, 3:00, and 6:00. She is the happiest after she eats in the morning, and she is getting MUCH better about falling asleep. Our old bedtime routine would take hours (I am still trying to forget some of those nights)!... she now falls asleep in about 15 minutes (Praise God)! For those of you who know me, I am not a very scheduled person... but I have worked VERY hard to help my baby get on a good eating a sleeping schedule. So far, I would give myself a B+!

6 Month Stats:
Kathryn had her 6 month check up right after Christmas, and our little girls is still long and lean! She now weighs 15.4 lbs (42%), is 26 inches long (63%), and her head circumference is 16 3/4 (54%). As you know, she has already had her first bout with an ear infection... and the medicine made her have explosive diarrhea! I feel so bad for her! She just can't win this month! We are still working (for the past 2 weeks) to get her well. She is almost there! The best news I have to report is that our little girl is happy. She really is a different baby than the one we know in the dark days of colic. She smiles, laughs, and plays for 90% of the day (she used to cry for 90% of the day)! This is a welcomed change.

The best news is that she is now sitting up! She started sitting up at 6 months & 3 weeks. It really seemed that she started over night! I think she really likes the independance!

Mama bear has started pulling some of my baby pictures- it is a bit scary how much she looks like me. There are some pictures of me that I see and I think that it is Kathryn! Take a look and see for yourself!

Me at 4 months

Me @ Thanksgiving 1980 ( 3 1/2 months)

Me at Christmas 1980 ( 4 1/2 months)

My first Birthday! Can you believe how much I look like MY mom!



Joel and I still look at her and can't believe she is ours. Even on the most challenging days.... we love her so much and can't imagine our lives without her. I finally understand what it means to love unconditionally!!! Until next time......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Baby Kathryn

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers